- Are you looking for an opportunity to leverage your finance technical and leadership experience in a different way?
- Would you enjoy working in a small business that makes a big impact in our community?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Gilman Partners is an executive search, talent acquisition, and leadership development firm with a mission to strengthen leadership teams and elevate the talent in our communities. For more than 41 years, clients have trusted us to help them find, attract, and recruit top talent and our leadership development program, GP Elevate, helps prepare high-potential leaders for executive roles. With more than 100 completed searches each year and a team of 20 accomplished professionals, we’re one of the largest retained executive search firms in the Greater Cincinnati market.
JOB SUMMARY & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Gilman Partners is seeking a Search Consultant/Recruiter to assist or lead client projects to identify, source, and assess candidates primarily for finance/accounting roles, but also for other industries and functional areas including executive management, sales/marketing, professional services, etc. The Search Consultant/Recruiter will:
- Work closely with an established Candidate Experience (Research) Team to source and engage potential candidates and connect with top talent.
- Develop qualified candidates by networking and building strong relationships with referral sources, developing an active LinkedIn and social media presence.
- Determine candidates’ qualifications and company fit by conducting phone/Zoom/in-person interviews, analyzing responses, and comparing qualifications to job requirements, etc.
- Understand and apply behavioral interviewing and other reliable assessment tools in evaluating candidates.
- Assist clients throughout the entire interview process by scheduling interviews, providing materials, performing reference checks, and making offers.
- Act as a consultant to our clients to provide thought leadership and insight on the candidate market, salary ranges, recruiting process, etc.
- Demonstrate a drive to meet new people and develop additional relationships. Actively meet with those in your network and attend and participate in various events with the intention of meeting and developing relationships with potential clients and candidates within our target markets.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 or more years of accounting/finance experience including at least 2 years in a related leadership role (Senior Staff Accountant, Manager, Director, VP, Controller, CFO, etc.) and experience successfully hiring finance professionals either as a hiring manager or as part of a hiring team.
- OR at least 5 years of experience successfully recruiting senior-level accounting/finance leaders.
- A strong professional network in the Greater Cincinnati, OH area is very desirable
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of an organization in an authentic and professional way
- A track record of doing what’s right (as opposed to what’s easy) for clients and colleagues
- A low ego and the willingness to jump in and help out the team however necessary
- A commitment to helping organizations make their workforce more diverse and inclusive
- A positive attitude that looks for solutions instead of problems; the ability to recognize and celebrate the contributions of others on the team
- Have an impact on building the leadership teams within our regions’ middle market, privately held, and nonprofit organizations
- Become a teammate and significant contributor to Cincinnati’s top executive search, talent acquisition and leadership development firm
- Be part of Gilman Partners’ commitment to helping our clients and other organizations build a more diverse and inclusive workforce
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.
COMPENSATION, FLEXIBILITY & REMOTE WORK
Compensation for this position includes a base salary plus commission.
After an initial orientation period that might require more in-office time, the recruiter will be expected to be in the office about three days a week. Workday start and end times are flexible, but may vary to accommodate client and candidate needs.