WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Senior Architect will lead the performance of architectural studies and programming including the development of material, equipment, and personnel flows. Extensive experience is required in the process and manufacturing industries and in facility designs that contribute to meeting client business objectives. The successful candidate will build strong collaborative relationships internally and externally, have strong project and process skills, be well spoken and personable, and be a strong advocate for the Jedson team.
- Collaborate with the team to define project scope with the ability to estimate labor effort to complete required deliverables
- Prepare proposals and presentation material to communicate concepts and project requirements to client as well as project team members
- Collect the client’s needs and constraints and lead Architectural programming sessions
- Highly experienced in front end manufacturing design with a strong understanding of the complete design process, including extensive interaction with process/manufacturing engineers and facility mechanical engineers
- Leadership of the studies/programming efforts with understanding of production processes and manufacturing operations
- Industry knowledge re: impacting facility flows, segregation, and materials of construction
- Review client’s design standards and guidelines; document and evaluate existing conditions
- Generate architectural plans, sections and details, as well as other drawings using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Investigate and utilize applicable codes and standards such as building codes, ADA, OSHA, NFPA, etc.
- Travels as required to carry out job duties that may include travel to job sites, vendor sites, seminars and other destinations. Such assignments may require lengthy stays away from home and long working hours.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- BS/MS Architecture
- 12+ years of Architectural experience
- 6+ years of experience with projects in manufacturing industries, ideally in pulp & paper or chemicals. Experience in other industries would also be a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and foster positive client relationships
- Preferred: Experience in consulting or contract engineering, NCARB Certification (or capable of obtaining it), and RA Certification