WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage industries. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
We have an immediate need to fill a Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer position in our Greenville SC office. We’re looking for Electrical or Mechanical Engineers with heavy industrial experience.
- Manage all aspects of business projects from inception through execution
- Develop and document the scope of work
- Understand project success criteria and ensure client expectations are met
- Develop and track project costs
- Identify and communicate changes to SOW
- Identify and effectively respond to clients issues and needs
- Ensure value is provided to the client and develop & earn their trust
- Knowledge of front-end engineering and detailed engineering process
- Review and manage all project deliverables
- Document and communicate changes to scope
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- B.S. degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years of related project engineering experience including EPC or engineering firm experience.
- Heavy industrial experience; pulp & paper or chemical industries a plus
- Experienced I&C lead engineer on major capital projects from the study phase, detailed design, construction support, check out and start-up.
- Control systems design – ideally with both DCS and PLC systems
- Oversees project execution to ensure completion and client satisfaction
- Demonstrated experience in driving projects within budget from initiation through a successful and timely conclusion
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and foster positive client relationships
- Perform activities to improve the reliability and efficiency of operations for the client
- Coordinate and supervise project implementation, control project costs, monitor progress and quality of the project