- Are you looking for a hands-on HR opportunity with a growing, family-owned manufacturer?
- Do you enjoy building relationships at all levels of a manufacturing organization?
- Are you experienced in all areas of HR, including payroll, talent acquisition and retention, employee relations and engagement, succession planning, compensation, benefits, and other functional aspects of HR?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Metalworking Group is a privately held, global manufacturing company with over 130 employees offering a wide range of services to Original Equipment Manufacturers both in the US and internationally. They specialize in sheet metal fabrication, CNC machining, production welding, metal stamping, finishing and assembly. In addition to maintaining a team of expert technicians and experienced specialists, they use the latest technologies and state-of-the-art equipment to provide solutions for even the most complex manufacturing challenges.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
Reporting to the CEO, the HR Manager plays an important function in the organization. The successful candidate will have a strong Human Resources background in all areas with responsibility for payroll processing (ADP). While part of the leadership team, this is also a tactical role in a 2-person department with responsibilities for all aspects of Human Resources and Payroll. This individual has oversight for both the Cincinnati and Fairfield locations. The HR Manager will:
- Process weekly payroll through ADP.
- Ensure all hours are reported and appropriate taxes are applied.
- Access and run reports.
- Manage benefits program; open enrollment, FMLA, STD, LTD, wellness program and assist employees with benefit questions.
- Develop and lead recruiting and onboarding strategy and process for hourly and salaried positions.
- Create, review and update job descriptions.
- Prepare and manage job postings.
- Source and interview candidates, facilitate recruiting process.
- Coordinate and manage external recruiting partners, as appropriate.
- Onboard new employees.
- Manage and coordinate annual performance management process.
- Utilize compensation data/surveys to make recommendations and manage compensation process.
- Maintain positive employee relations and proactively address employee issues and concerns.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Review, revise, and create employee policies and procedures to ensure consistent implementation and application, update employee handbook.
- Manage unemployment compensation programs.
- Work collaboratively with Safety Manager on Workers’ Compensation claims.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field; PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification preferred
- 5+ years of HR Generalist/Manager/Business Partner experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Proven success recruiting and onboarding at all levels – salaried and hourly
- Experience processing payroll required (ADP experience preferred)
- Highly competent in Human Resources concepts, practices, systems, and procedures including the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of employment law and compliance requirements
- Excellent ability to present and communicate information in an effective way.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- High level of ambition, drive and initiative
- Close attention to detail
- Effective and professional communication skills at all levels of an organization needed to function as a trusted advisor
- In a small company reporting to the owner/CEO, you have a great opportunity to make a significant and immediate impact
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.