Director of Operations
Organization: Senneca Holdings
Salary: based on experience
- Do you place value in taking care of the people, customers, and business – in that order?
- Are you ready for your next challenge to take a newer facility with state-of-the-art equipment to the next level?
- Does having a holding company’s backing to double revenue in the next two years excite you?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Senneca Holdings is a diversified management and holding company whose companies are focused on the specialty door industry. Senneca oversees the operations of its companies, allocates resources among them, and helps to improve the performance of its operations. They combine global scale with operational agility to lead the markets they serve. Recognized for their entrepreneurial approach for over 30 years, their team of employees worldwide takes pride in providing customers with the best specialty doors to meet their needs.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Implement, reinforce, and ensure Safety initiatives for the location.
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Interact regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction.
- Direct the manufacturing management of respective facilities to ensure fast order processing, accurate inventory control, proper and timely receipt/stocking of goods, cost-efficient shipping direct to customers and effective processing of returns.
- Ensure and maintain proper staffing levels for respective manufacturing facilities consistent with annual budgets.
- Establish and implement proper training programs.
- Formulate and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Direct and monitor department, process, and employees to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Identify and direct changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap, implementation, and maintenance of production standards.
- Initiate and coordination capex plan and major projects, (i.e., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Continually investigates and produces process improvement measures.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10-plus years of progressive manufacturing management, preferably in process-oriented operations in related industry. Must be familiar with product construction and application. Experience in the glass cutting industry a plus.
- Proven success of being highly organized, self-motivated. This individual should be able to work independently and can balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Demonstrated skill in shaping a cultural transformation.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a technical field or business administration.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Must have strong leadership skills, with excellent English and Spanish oral and written communication skills.
- Evidence of core competencies including engaging and developing direct reports, innovation management, hiring & staffing, building effective teams and driving results.
Step into an environment that is prime for continuous improvement. The investment in the property has happened recently with great facilities and state-of-the-art equipment. Be a change agent and enjoy coaching, mentoring, and managing a group of high potential individuals.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.
Bi-lingual Spanish/English is a high plus!