- Are you looking to empower your growth?
- Do you have strong assurance knowledge that you wish to utilize in a fast-growing public accounting firm?
- Does a client-facing role appeal to you?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
GBQ has been a top performing tax, accounting, and consulting firm for more than 69 years. They are driven by the outcomes of changing the lives with and for whom they work. GBQ believes in empowering the growth of employees, communities, and their clients’ businesses. This purpose is at the core of everything they do. GBQ has four locations throughout Ohio.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The Assurance Manager will actively lead audit, review, and other assurance projects including planning, fieldwork and wrap-up of all engagements. Lead engagement teams and manage client relationships including having responsibility for day-to-day client contact. Assist firm leadership in identifying new work and assist in obtaining new engagements. Create plans and budgets for audit and other assurance programs and ensure completion of engagements within a defined timeline. Focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
- Oversee all aspects of audits, reviews and other assurance engagements.
- Develop programs, plans and approaches for assigned client engagements.
- Supervise and review all work of seniors, staff, and interns on assigned client engagements.
- Responsible for supervising, mentoring training, and supporting development of seniors, staff and interns.
- Communicate status of work, problems, and findings to both internal GBQ management and clients.
- Collaborate with firm leaders, other departments, and client leadership to identify issues and develop and implement solutions to address issues identified.
- Review engagement profitability and prepare and analyze monthly billing for assigned engagements.
- Develop and deliver executive presentations, summaries of financial information, and lead client and internal meetings.
- Monitor the hours incurred by engagement ream members and the process of assigned client engagements to ensure work is completed within both a defined budget and a defined timeline.
- Achieve charge hour budgets and meet hour expectations established by firm.
- Monitor staff charge budgets to ensure staff and seniors achieve charge hour budgets and hour expectations established by firm.
- Prioritize and manage multiple engagements and tasks.
- Participate in and lead “approved” non-client initiatives to improve firm administration.
- Assist in establishing and implementing policies that improve department efficiencies.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Represent firm and build relationships by attending fundraisers, meetings with prospects/bankers, charitable events, professional organizations, etc.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills while completing client work and firm-related projects.
- Identify opportunities to obtain new engagements and assist firm leadership in securing new clients and engagements.
- Participate in and lead public speaking engagements and presentations.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and deep knowledge of technical concepts.
- Demonstrate excellent judgment to identify and mitigate risks.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA, and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
- Coordinate and collaborate with team, other firm associates, and client personnel to ensure efficient flow of data, information, and financial issues, risks and recommendations.
- Identify and present operational and financial improvement opportunities for clients served.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding of client’s business, industry and resources available to provide value to clients.
- Identify complex issues and perform complex technical research to make recommendations to firm and client leadership.
- Exemplify brand attributes of the firm to promote positive work environment for team members.
- Support and ensure adherence to all administrative policies and procedures of the firm.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently or in a team environment and exhibit confidence addressing and resolving conflict with peers, subordinates, and firm leaders.
- Consistently seek feedback on performance from superiors and enhance and develop individual professional and technical skills.
- Prepare and deliver objective and candid performance evaluations to direct reports and identify coaching and mentoring opportunities to assist in development of associates.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS in accounting or a related
- CPA preferred.
- Strong proficiency with PC and software packages utilized by Assurance
- Approximately 5-7 years of financial audit experience in public
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Team-oriented professional.
- Can handle multiple deadlines with ease.
- Ability to manage a number of projects at once.
- Thrives on connections to grow clientele.
The Assurance Manager will be an integral professional who will help grow the business to reach new heights for GBQ.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.