Executive Leadership Development
Developing Next-Level Leaders with Today’s Most Critical Skills
As the business landscape changes, so do the skills today’s leaders need to be most effective, and many traditional leadership programs haven’t kept up. More than just a management course, GP Elevate is a highly collaborative, six-month program with a curriculum that blends core business competencies and critical soft skills, all while introducing participants to a high-caliber peer group.
The proof is in the data. With an average of six months until advancement, more than a third of GP Elevate participants are promoted in their companies within two years of graduating the program. 95% of GP Elevate alumni are still with their companies two years after graduation.
What is GP Elevate?
GP Elevate is specifically designed to prepare high-potential leaders for executive roles. The skills that make early career leaders successful aren’t always the same skills that will ensure their success at the top of the organization. This is the concept on which the entire GP Elevate program is built. Participants explore the behaviors they need to stop doing, start doing, or continue doing to be successful as they move into senior leadership.
The goal of GP Elevate is to help professionals step out of their day-to-day department or silo and see their organization from a broader perspective. Program sessions are led by subject matter experts, but the format is collaborative and interactive, with activities and small group breakout sessions woven throughout each day. Many participants say the peer-to-peer discussions are their favorite part of the program. Leadership can be lonely – and that makes having a group of trusted peers to talk with invaluable.
GP Elevate is designed to be practical and approachable – not theoretical. Many of the ideas and concepts participants learn can be applied immediately. The program kicks off with a half-day orientation and then meets one full day a month for six months.
Session topics include:
- Attracting, Retaining, and Developing Talent
- Crafting Organizational Strategy
- Deepening Financial Understanding
- Effectively Managing Change
- Communicating with Excellence
- Successfully Navigating Challenging Conversations
- Deepening Emotional Intelligence
- Creating a Culture of Productivity
- Building an Effective Executive Team
- There are two new GP Elevate cohorts each year. The spring cohort begins in April and runs through October. The fall cohort begins in October and runs through April of the following year.
- Ideal GP Elevate participants are high-potential leaders being developed for executive management roles in the next few years OR leaders who have recently joined an executive management team. Participants represent both for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
- Each cohort is capped at 12 participants with no more than one professional from any organization. This is so participants feel comfortable sharing their challenges and growth opportunities and can build a strong professional network they can call upon after the program is finished. We ensure there are no participants from competing organizations in the same cohort to protect confidentiality.
- Many sessions culminate in a conversation with area CEOs to add context to that day’s topic and broaden our understanding of what it means to be a leader.
- After graduation, participants join the GP Elevate Alumni Network – an impressive and continuously growing network of leaders who meet several times a year to celebrate new program graduates and take part in additional learning opportunities.
$9,700 ($5,000 for nonprofit organizations)
The fee includes all books, materials, and meals.
In their own words…
“GP Elevate is designed in a way that helps participants think differently. My entire outlook has changed thanks to the effectiveness of the content and insights of my fellow classmates.”
“GP Elevate stands out among other leadership programs because of the exposure received from a wide variety of local executives. Their stories and advice are unique and truly enforce the tools and methods covered in the program.”
“The GP Elevate program was the tipping point in my career to make the jump from a subject matter expert into leadership. Angel did a phenomenal job with the coursework and books in between sessions. The speakers for the sessions were top-notch, and I made some new friends along the way with other local leaders.”
“GP Elevate is one of the best executive leadership programs in the city. As a graduate of the program, I can confirm that the content material, facilitators, and executive guest speakers were all outstanding. The program helped me grow as a person and a leader tremendously.”
“The work of all those who make GP Elevate such a powerful program is deeply appreciated by me as I have observed tremendous growth in our employee over the period of the program. GP Elevate has readied him to take the next step in our organization.”
“The program provides the opportunity to be collaborative, focus on emotional intelligence and dive into a variety of ways to communicate in different situations. GP Elevate helped to take me to the next level.”
“GP Elevate provided expert instructors and interactive collaboration. It was very powerful to learn alongside emerging leaders.”
“GP Elevate is one of the best executive leadership programs in the region. I learned a great deal about myself and how I interact with my team. I was able to implement change in my organization during the program and walked away empowered to continue to improve both my leadership skills and operational goals.”
“GP Elevate was a game changer for my career. I think, overall, my biggest takeaway was confidence. I was promoted to a director-level role shortly after completing the program. “
“The opportunity to connect and network with others in similar leadership positions, but different industries, was extremely helpful, realizing that we all experience similar challenges and opportunities and were able to learn from each other.”