- Are you looking to empower your growth?
- Do you have strong assurance knowledge that you wish to utilize in a fast-growing public accounting firm?
- Does a client-facing role appeal to you?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
GBQ has been a top performing tax, accounting, and consulting firm for more than 69 years. They are driven by the outcomes of changing the lives with and for whom they work. GBQ believes in empowering the growth of employees, communities, and their clients’ businesses. This purpose is at the core of everything they do. GBQ has four locations throughout Ohio.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The Assurance Senior will actively participate in the assurance engagement process by preparing financial statement and other audit review and compilation procedures or other assurance projects. They will oversee fieldwork procedures on engagement and provide supervision and development to Assurance staff. Focus on four major initiatives established by the firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
- Execute audit, review, and other assurance procedures.
- Supervise and review work of Assurance staff and/or interns on assigned client engagements.
- Responsible for training of Assurance staff.
- Consult and communicate with department leaders and client personnel to complete assurance engagements.
- Perform testing and analysis of accounts and controls and prepare financial statements and related documents.
- Complete assignments within established budget for assigned areas and monitor and report the actual hours incurred compared to the budget for assigned client engagements.
- Achieve charge hour budget and meet hour expectations established by firm.
- Participate in “approved” non-client initiatives to improve firm administration.
- Consistently utilize all firm and department software efficiently.
- Complete and ensure completion of accurate, neat, organized workpapers that are free of errors.
- Represent firm and build relationships by participating in outside activities.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills while working on client work and firm-related projects.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, judgement, and knowledge of GAAP and GAAS.
- Exhibit behavior consistent with rules of conduct of the AICPA, OSCPA, and Accountancy Board of Ohio.
- Lead client and team interaction to help ensure efficient flow of information between team members and client personnel.
- Identify process improvements resulting in efficiencies on client engagements.
- Comprehend and summarize complex issues and perform technical research.
- Exemplify brand attributes of the firm.
- Adhere and ensure compliance with all administrative policies and procedures of the firm.
- Demonstrate ability to address conflict with peers and subordinates.
- Consistently enhance and develop individual, professional, and technical skills.
- Provide timely feedback to direct reports and identify coaching and mentoring opportunities to assist in development of the associate.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA or BS in accounting or a related
- CPA preferred.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Excel, Word).
- Approximately 2-3 years of financial audit experience.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Team-oriented professional.
- Can handle multiple deadlines with ease.
- Ability to manage a number of projects at once.
- Thrives on connections to grow clientele.
The Assurance Senior will be an integral professional who will help grow the business to reach new heights for GBQ.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.