Business Segment Leader – Drives & Controls
Business Segment Leader – Drives & Controls
Salary: based on experience
- Are you an inspiring team builder that leads through influence?
- Are you a technical engineering leader with an interest in customer satisfaction?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
For over 50 years, Hydrotech has been committed to providing the industry with the finest, most reliable fluid power and automation products and services available. Starting as a small, family-owned shop in 1967, now PE owned, Hydrotech has built on a foundation of customer solutions, integrity, teamwork, and uncompromising expertise and innovation. As technologies have emerged and evolved over the decades, Hydrotech has stayed ahead of the curve in product knowledge, innovative engineering, connected technology, and game-changing service. Today, they are leading integrator of Industry 4.0 technologies.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The Business Segment Leader – Drives and Controls will be responsible for the execution and delivery of control product/system solutions & strategy to customers. The person in this this role will:
- Ensure ongoing competitive position for all product lines.
- Oversee supplier products and has experience interacting with technical/operational teams (project managers, application engineers, suppliers, technicians, sales, purchasing etc.) Manage account development and coordinate product introductions, rollouts, and updates. Build the team to complement growth and customer delivery needs.
- Develop and deliver controls product/system sales support plan for territory salesmen and suppliers.
- Develop and implement formal rollout of all product and relationship announcements to ensure a seamless, well-executed new product introduction that avoids overlap and confusion within the organization. Direct marketing programs for product rollouts.
- Interface with engineers, designers, suppliers, and customers to develop product requirements and specifications. Refine non-technical product evaluation criteria and create technical product evaluation process. Evaluate new products and applications. Escalate product challenges or issues.
- Negotiate pricing and terms with product suppliers, act as liaison between the organization and the supplier teams during negotiations. Develop strong relationships with product suppliers.
- Establish market strategies including product direction, pricing, and future specification/applications to help support key & target accounts.
- Update estimating software systems and tools. Enroll new sales professionals in estimating systems and provide training and updates to sales personnel as needed.
- Assist with technical integration support needs on larger strategic projects and/or customer accounts. May include technical specification review, application of specific products, etc.
- Assist with formal RFQ response documentation as needed on larger strategic opportunities. Assist sales professionals with on-site customer walk-throughs and product demonstrations for larger, strategic opportunities.
- Perform and summarize market research (market opportunities, customer needs).
- Manage a growing team of four direct reports and hires as revenues grow.
- Take responsibility for the revenues within this product segment.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of five years of experience in product management, drives/controls, or another relevant field
- Strong presentation skills for internal/customer training and industry events
- Financial analytical skills including pricing required
- Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Project, Excel, Word, and Power Point skills
- Industry-specific certifications and/or licenses preferred; must have valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent analytical skills necessary to resolve problems and look for solutions
- Leadership skills both internally and externally
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Extremely adaptable – responds effectively to changes in situation or information
- Ability to influence others and build consensus using advanced written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Shows initiative – regularly engages in proactive behavior and looks for opportunities
- Expert ability to facilitate a collaborative working environment for customers and team members
Hydrotech prides themselves on careful development of their people and the culture they enjoy every day.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.
This is a full-time, onsite opportunity at their West Chester, Ohio location.