Chief Financial Officer
Salary: based on experience
- Are you energized by a fast‐paced, results‐driven culture?
- Are you ready to help propel a market leader to the next level of growth?
- Are you a strategic leader who can execute to achieve the company’s vision?
Sims-Lohman (www.sims-lohman.com), is a Cincinnati-based family-owned fabricator/installer of granite and quartz countertops and distributor/installer of cabinets. The company provides products and services to custom and production home builders, designers, architects, home center stores and professional remodelers from 25 showrooms, six state-of-the-art fabrication facilities and five large distribution facilities spread across a seven-state region. Sims-Lohman enjoys a robust growth trajectory buoyed by its 50-year commitment to earning trust with customers throughout the home building and remodeling industry. With more than 500 team members, they have consistently ranked among the fastest growing companies in America on the Inc. 5000 list.
As a member of the Leadership team reporting directly to the President, the CFO is a vital contributor to the strategic management process, a hands-on role model for high performance and an advocate for vision who executes strategy to achieve that vision. The CFO is essential to continued growth, profitability, and development of all team members.
The CFO currently leads a team of ten and is responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all finance-related activities of all business groups within Sims-Lohman Inc. and its related companies, including accounting, financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, and treasury, credit, inventory, risk, audit, tax, legal, and merger and acquisition activity. The CFO is also responsible for the information technology team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the CEO and President to drive both top and bottom-line growth while continuing the growth trajectory Sims-Lohman has enjoyed
- Partner with the Senior Leadership Team to contribute directly to business strategy and provide financial insight and data, technology guidance, direction, management, and recommendations to guide strategic decisions
- Understand the business sufficiently to:
- explain financial results in a business context (provide the story behind the numbers),
- recommend actions that will augment future financial results,
- recommend present and future technology strategies to support current and future business strategy, and
- recognize and proactively exploit opportunities for improvement
- Supervise the Director of Finance, Controller, Credit Manager and the Manager of Information Technology through coaching, training, direction, and feedback on performance
- Support enhanced financial literacy throughout the organization to grow the next generation of leaders
- Manage the Controllership and Credit Management function to ensure the timely and accurate completion of the period close process while driving improvements in processes and internal controls
- the process to prepare the monthly financial reporting package and review results with Leadership Teams. This entails working cross-functionally with regional general managers, sales managers, and operation mangers to analyze and explain results,
- the preparation of the annual operating budget and periodic forecast updates throughout the year.
- Support the organization with financial and operational data and analytics to drive revenue growth, cost savings, and improved profitability
- Support Continuous Improvement projects across the entire organization at all levels
- Manage positive relations with:
- Internal Customers
- External Customers and Vendors
- Auditors, banks, attorneys, benefits providers, and other professional service vendors.
- Work with members of the leadership group and other key team members to identify the technical needs of the company and develop a strategic corporate wide technology road map and corresponding budget to position the company to successfully implement its strategy
- Become a partner to the business functions to identify, assess and recommend technologies to optimize business performance and leverage solutions across business units—in both the short and long term
- Champion efforts for large scale projects
- Manage relationships with technology vendors, solution providers, and consultants
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the execution efforts of IT staff towards the accomplishment of corporate initiates and strategies
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA/MBA preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years in a CFO position with a family owned and managed private company with revenues exceeding $100 million
- Minimum of 15 years accounting and finance experience
- General Ledger, Financial Reporting, GAAP, Cost Accounting, Treasury Management, Risk Management and Tax experience
- Ability to attract, retain, coach, develop, and lead others
- High energy, ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented, growing organization…sense of humor a must
- Experience developing a group of younger professionals
- Experience working with a Board of Advisors
- Experience leading an IT organization
- Strategic technology planning ability
- Excellent collaboration with other departments, auditors, and affiliated teams
- Demonstrates and appreciates accuracy through diligence, tenacity and problem solving
- Make a positive impact on the growth of the business and the lives of 500+ team members
- Enjoy financial success through a competitive base salary and bonus
- Collaborate and celebrate with a talented leadership team that works hard but also likes to have fun