Cincinnati General Manager
Organization: Jedson Engineering
Salary: based on experience
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage industries. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We are looking to fill the position of Cincinnati General Manager. This leadership position is responsible for the safe and efficient execution of all projects conducted by the local Jedson office with a focus on projects in the CPG, food & beverage, pulp & paper and chemicals industries. This is a key position in a strategic growth location and we need a proven leader who can attract and retain great talent and help us build a project delivery center of excellence.
This leadership position is responsible for the safe and efficient execution of all design-build EPC projects conducted by the local Jedson office.
- Oversees all local project operations and performs project management duties during the absence of the project manager.
- Works with Jedson leadership to expand the geographical footprint throughout the Midwest.
- Develops and implements organization policies, practices, procedures; ensures the
attainment of operational goals. Evaluates current procedures and practices for effectiveness and offers creative alternatives to improve the business.
- Responsible for all organizational aspects of the office (people, processes, facility management, etc.).
- Personally interacts with and manages relationships with all customers and ensure value is provided to the client and develop & earn their trust.
- Continuously evaluates opportunities to develop business with current and new customers.
- Intuitively reviews, analyzes and prepares reports, records, and directives, and
confers with managers / supervisors to obtain data required for planning
activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and
- Assigns or delegates responsibility for work assignments or functional activities
and plans communicates objectives to project teams.
- Organizes resources to ensure effective service delivery.
- Offers work direction, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines
to ensure timely completion of work.
- Leads the reinforcement of safe work practices on all projects.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering.
- 15 – 20+ years of related experience in heavy industrial project engineering including 10+ years of experience with an engineering firm.
- Excellent team and project leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and foster positive relationships.
- Perform activities to improve the reliability and efficiency of office operations.
- Monitor project team implementations, costs, and progress relative to plan.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.