Salary: based on experience
- Are you ready to bring your extensive accounting and finance experience to an expanding organization that is committed to making a meaningful difference in people’s lives?
- Do you enjoy leading and developing a team, processes, and systems?
- Are you a performance-based leader accustomed to setting and meeting goals for the organization and your team?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Solvita, formerly known as Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services (CBC/CTS), is a community-based organization with a national presence currently at $250MM+ annually and a decades-long run of double-digit growth. With over 55 years of experience, Solvita prides itself on its mission of being the leading ethical and innovative partner of choice for quality and customer-focused biologic solutions. Solvita offers challenging opportunities that are on the forefront of cutting-edge technology. Established to meet the growing demand for a centralized system of blood banking, Solvita has grown to its present service area of twenty-five hospitals in fifteen counties with an entirely volunteer donor base. Solvita provides an important link to the communities it serves through recovery, processing, and distribution of 1MM+ tissue grafts each year. Solvita has six locations across the country. This position is in Kettering, Ohio and onsite 3 days/week.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Reporting to the CFO, this position will provide leadership and oversight of accounting, financial planning, and forecasting functions. This role also:
- Leads all financial reporting, financial statement preparation, and oversight of the year end audit
- Prepares timely and accurate analyses of month-end financial reports for the executive team
- Supervises an accounting team of two, guiding financial operations, accounting, and reporting
- Directs and leads the budget planning process
- Oversees costing methodologies that provide a basis for the setting and evaluation of customer fees and distributor commission programs
- Ensures accounting policies and procedures are documented, enforced and up to date
- Assesses current accounting operations, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing new processes as required
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in private industry companies (manufacturing preferred)
- 5+ years of experience leading and coaching staff
- Preference for professional certification (CPA, CMA, etc.) designation(s)
- Evidence of effective team development
- Demonstrated proficiency in systems including Microsoft Dynamics or a similar ERP, and Microsoft Excel
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Strong problem-solving/analysis abilities, decision-making capabilities, and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment that is hybrid.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You do not have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you are drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.