WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Electrical Engineer will work on industrial projects including design of power distribution, lighting, and grounding systems. Projects range from small facility modifications to complex EPC contracts for heavy industrial processes in any one or more of the pulp and paper, chemicals, food and beverage, consumer products, or pharmaceutical industries. Some travel to project and construction sites will be required.
- Design power system facilities and equipment and coordinate construction, operation, and maintenance of electric power generating, receiving, and distribution stations, and distribution systems and equipment.
- Develop conceptual layouts and sketches to drive the most efficient design on a project-by-project basis.
- Participate in the planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating detailed phases of electrical engineering projects.
- Develop equipment specifications.
- Develop construction specifications and contractor scope of work documents.
- Directs the preparation of or prepares drawings and specific type of equipment and materials to be used, in construction and equipment installation.
- Inspects completed installations for conformance with design and equipment specifications and safety standards.
- Work products will include: one-line diagrams, wiring drawings, panel layout drawings, motor schematics, instrument loop sheets, conduit and tray routing drawings and contractor scope documents.
- Work with systems and equipment grounding requirements (high resistance, building and isolated grounding)
- Provide on-site start up support.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- 5+ years of experience with design/installation of medium and low-voltage distribution equipment, with experience in consulting engineering and construction industry.
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards (NEC, ANSI, NEMA, NFPA).
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Capable of leading small teams and delivering on commitments.
- Able to handle onsite plant projects with minimal supervision.
- Well organized with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and operate within budgets and work directly with client engineers and maintenance teams.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and team leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit.
- Capability with CAD systems including AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- PE license or EIT certificate with ability to obtain PE license is preferred, but not required.