Human Resources Director
Organization: ADVICS North America
Salary: based on experience
- Are you looking for an opportunity to lead the HR function for a leading manufacturer in Cincinnati?
- Do you have a passion for a plant-based HR leadership role?
- Would you enjoy working in a people-centric culture?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
ADVICS is a values-driven manufacturer of brake calipers, electronic stability control units, and electric parking brakes for over 20 different vehicles for many of the world’s leading auto manufacturers. With over 1,000 experienced and dedicated people, the company’s vision is to improve the quality of life through the evolution of vehicle safety. ADVICS is continuing to grow, adding more Team Members, and producing new, technology-leading brake system products in a world-class manufacturing environment.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Human Resources Director is responsible for leading and managing an HR team of 10 people including safety and training. This person is a strategic business partner with the President and local leadership team, and is also accountable for the development, implementation and coordination of human resources practices which reinforce a positive culture and employee experience. The HR Director is also part of a corporate team which evaluates and plans for competitive and equitable salary and benefit administration for all employees. The incumbent will also collaborate with key leaders on strategic human resource planning to provide the organization with the best people talent available and position the Company as an employer of choice in the Cincinnati area. The HR Director will:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the organization’s HR function and performance.
- Strategically lead the HR team, helping to develop their skills and knowledge of the business.
- Represent local entity Human Resource interests with global parent company as needed.
- Recommend changes or innovations to better achieve business goals.
- Ensure the design and execution of compensation and benefits programs are consistent and supportive of company financial strategies and objectives.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with external vendors as needed.
- Establish and track key performance indicators to ensure the company’s HR contributions to operational objectives are met.
- Learn and understand the business and manufacturing processes.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem-solver of people issues.
- Ensure the design and implementation of talent management processes at all levels including employee development, career development, performance evaluations, succession planning and management development programs and procedures.
- Ensure HR maintains credible relationships with all employees and business customers (internal and external); provide employee counseling both of a job and personal nature as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant state and federal laws regarding employment, EEO, ERISA record retention, etc.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations, Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field (SPHR certification preferred).
- Minimum ten years’ experience including progressive management and HR generalist backgrounds in a manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership, teamwork, change management and program management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of employee benefits and compensation policy and procedures
- Demonstrated general business acumen as member of senior leadership team
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing HR policies and processes
- Demonstrated experience working with external legal counsel and ensuring compliance with all relevant state and federal laws
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- High energy level
- Sincere, genuine, authentic – values relationship building with all employees
- Comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
- Data driven – supports organizational recommendations with appropriate data
- Takes initiative and builds consensus
- Low ego – willing to work where the need is
- Effective communication skills at all levels of an organization
- Persuasive in presenting ideas and effective in negotiation, influencing, delivering business presentations, coaching, counseling to engender confidence and credibility
- Ability to interface with diverse workforce across all levels of the company
- Play a key role in the growth and success of the organization.
- Join a business with a strong focus on people and community involvement.
- The opportunity to lead the HR function for a great local company.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.