Process Safety Studies Engineer
Process Safety Studies Engineer
Organization: Jedson Engineering
Salary: based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
In this position, you’ll join a dynamic engineering team in the execution of client projects. This person will execute process safety studies and work closely with the client. You’ll be expected to apply theory in a practical context to determine feasibility of design, identify potential process upsets and malfunctions incorporating appropriate remediations, and apply commercially available technology for process execution. Perhaps most importantly, we place a high value on professional ethics, both in the application of codes and standards and in your interactions with our clients.
- Provide process technology support as well as ensure that process engineering standards and procedures are met during the development, design, and construction phases of a project and improved upon as necessary.
- Perform process safety studies on specific operations and applications, and report findings.
- Execute process designs in the form of process simulations, modeling, and engineering calculations documented on PFD’s, P&ID’s, general arrangement drawings, specifications, design bases, and associated lists.
- Actively participate in our internal quality assurance process by reviewing and checking process group work products.
- Support the proposal process by providing project estimates and deliverables.
- Support the development and growth of key client relationships.
- During project execution, research and analyze data to make sound design decisions aligned with company, client, and project objectives and applicable codes.
- Drawing from experience, apply theory in a practical context to determine feasibility of design, identify potential process upsets and malfunctions incorporating appropriate remediations, and apply commercially available technology for process execution.
- Observe professional ethics, both in the application of codes and standards and personnel interactions.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, required.
- 3+ years of experience in chemicals, petrochemical, pulp and paper, consumer products, or the food and beverage industries, required.
- Process safety experience, including hazard classification, hazard analysis, and area classification, required.
- PE registration, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Proficient with coordinating and conducting detailed phases of engineering projects to achieve milestones.
- Experience developing and implementing standards and procedures, consistent with the continuous improvement of quality and productivity.
- Experience interfacing with clients and supporting marketing and proposal generation efforts.
- Technical skills to include experience in P&ID development, hydraulic calculations (AFT or equivalent), specification generation, mass and energy balances to include ASPEN process simulation. Proficient in AutoCAD.