Project Controls Specialist
Organization: Jedson Engineering
Salary: based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Reporting to the Manager of Project Controls, the Project Controls Specialist develops, implements, and maintains cost controls on engineering projects. This person will help to plan, organize, lead, and control projects efficiently and effectively ensuring projects run according to schedule and are meeting financial objectives.
- Assist Project Managers and the project team in effectively and proactively managing projects to ensure project success.
- Develops the Work Breakdown Structures for control and integrity of work to be performed as defined by the contract.
- Develop, maintain, and execute project performance baselines.
- Perform cost forecasting, analysis, and control activities.
- Prepare & disseminate aggregated weekly & monthly reports on cost performance, trends, forecasts and cost savings.
- Update and maintain project schedules.
- Assists in development of recommended recovery measures for projects behind schedule and/or over budget.
- Analyzes variances in cost and schedule performance against the plan, and communicates the reasons for the issuance of variance and proposed mitigation plans
- Reviews schedules developed by others and advise project managers as to whether those schedules are logical, complete, and satisfy contract requirements.
- Provide support for data analysis, data validation & data mining efforts required to refine benchmarks.
- Coordinates the review of Project Risk with management and provides status reporting.
- Support the Project Manager and project team in organizational and administrative activities.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of related project controls or cost control analyst experience in the engineering and/or construction fields.
- Strong cost control skills with ability to analyze data and project cost to complete based on actual data & projects progress.
- Ability to read and understand contracts, purchase orders, etc.
- Innovative, motivated, organized, high-energy team player with demonstrated professional & interpersonal skills interfacing with all levels of the organization, clients & vendors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and quickly pivot in response to evolving priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and abilities. In addition, the successful candidate must be a team player who is willing to help others on the team. He/she will have strong organizational skills, be a self-starter, and have the ability to work proactively and independently, handling routine tasks with minimal supervision.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly, Microsoft Excel).
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong technology skills to include Microsoft Projects and Primavera.