Organization: Jedson Engineering
Salary: based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage sectors. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast along with our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Structural Designer will work with a structural engineer to model and draft a variety of structures including new buildings, equipment and utility support, and modifications to existing structures and equipment. This person will aid in the design and configuration of structures and buildings, produce a drafting model for inter-discipline coordination, and produce drawings and details from the model.
- Utilize existing drawings, 3D point cloud scans, 3D models, equipment drawings, and other relevant information to build a Revit model.
- Provide a model for coordination with other disciplines:
- Provide construction level drawings to include:
- Plans, Elevations, Sections and Details
- Provide advice on safe designs and construction.
- Coordinate with clients and professional staff such as architects and engineers.
- Use computer aided design technology for simulation purposes.
- The applicant should expect to see the following major building components:
- Deep foundation piling
- Pile caps
- Mat foundations
- Spread footings
- Equipment housekeeping pads
- Building column piers
- Equipment piers
- Trench drains and sumps
- Building and equipment anchors
- Structural steel
- Girts and Purlins
- Roofing and Siding
- Loading docks
- Stair towers
- Monorails, Gantry and Jib cranes
- Maintenance access platforms
- CMU non-load and load bearing walls
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- 10+ years of work experience as a Structural Designer.
- Industrial or commercial experience, required.
- Experience in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience with steel, concrete and masonry.
- Experience in heavy to light industrial projects.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods and common materials.
- Ability to coordinate with professionals from other disciplines.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time across multiple ongoing projects.
The successful candidate will display an investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware and have great communication skills with a keen interest in ensuring the safety and physical integrity of buildings and other large structures. They will have proven schedule management skills with knowledge of construction processes and materials.