WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Structural Engineer will design structures that must endure stresses and pressures inflicted through human use and environmental conditions. The incumbent will design/configure structures, oversee drawing production, choose appropriate foundation, building and equipment support material, inspect the construction work and ensure the structural soundness of foundations, buildings and structures.
- Display an investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware and have great communication skills with a keen interest in ensuring the safety and physical integrity of buildings and other large structures.
- Have proven budget and schedule management skills with great knowledge of construction processes, materials, and code regulations.
- Prepare reports, design criteria, estimates, designs and drawings.
- Make calculations about pressures, loads and stresses.
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction,
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval,
- Liaise with clients and professional staff such as architects and engineers,
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness,
- Administer small sub-contracts and manage structural projects,
- Inspect geotechnical properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations,
- Use computer aided design technology for simulation purposes,
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer with 5+ years of work experience as a Structural Engineer.
- Experience in industrial structural engineering.
- Preferred experience with an engineering services provider.
- Experience in RISA-3D, AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience with steel, concrete and masonry on heavy to light industrial projects.
- Experience with rotating and vibration analysis.
- Experience leading teams with advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials, and legal regulations.
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.