WHO WE ARE:
At Jedson Engineering, we’re focused on being a critical resource to the engineering needs of our clients in the consumer products, food & beverage, pulp & paper, and chemical industries. Our headquarters is in Cincinnati, OH with offices across the southeast. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
This person will design structures that must endure stresses and pressures inflicted through human use and environmental conditions. The incumbent will design/configure structures, oversee drawing production, choose appropriate foundation, building and equipment support material, inspect the construction work and ensure the structural soundness of foundations, buildings and structures.
- The successful candidate will display an investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware and have great communication skills with a keen interest in ensuring the safety and physical integrity of buildings and other large structures.
- They will have proven budget and schedule management skills with great knowledge of construction processes, materials and code regulations.
- This is a client-facing position where you’ll be prepared to develop loose concepts into a solid proposal.
- Prepare reports, design criteria, estimates, designs and drawings
- Oversee drawing production by others
- Make calculations about pressures, loads and stresses
- Provide technical advice on safe designs and construction
- Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval
- Liaise with clients and professional staff such as architects and engineers
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors to ensure structural soundness
- Administer small sub-contracts and manage structural projects
- Inspect geotechnical properties to evaluate the conditions and foundations
- Use computer aided design technology for simulation purposes
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer with 5+ years of work experience as an industrial Structural Engineer
- Preferred experience with an engineering services provider
- Experience in STAAD, AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience with steel, concrete and masonry in heavy to light industrial projects
- Experience with rotating and vibration analysis
- Will need to be a good communicator and able to manage multiple projects and clients at a time
- Experience leading teams with advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and legal regulations
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team