VP of Operations
Salary: based on experience
- Are you looking for a hands-on opportunity to develop and deliver on the operational strategy for an industrial installation and service leader?
- Are you a strong communicator who provides clear and timely communications with internal and external customers?
- Are you driven by the principles of continuous process improvement?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Headquartered in Columbus OH, McKee has been a market leader in the sales, installation, and service of industrial loading dock doors, industrial fire doors, and dock equipment for over 40 years. Their products and services are important assets for the strong growth of the company. Their success is driven by understanding their clients’ needs while providing superior execution through teamwork and operational consistency.
Reporting to the President, this person is responsible for the strategic development, implementation, and support of the services provided by the company. The work of the VP of Operations is often hands-on, interacting with sales representatives, estimators, project managers, service team members, accounting, and others to ensure effective operational plans are developed, implemented, and communicated. The VP of Operations will:
- Continuously communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and team members by telephone, written form, email, or in person.
- Drive change in the culture towards one of continuous improvement and employee engagement
- Training & Teaching Others – Tech development
- Identify the educational needs of others
- Assist in scheduling formal educational or training programs or classes
- Identify technical training needed by field technicians and develop programs to provide education via hands on and real-world practices that improve efficiency, safety, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Process Improvement
- Monitor and review current processes to create new operational efficiencies
- Think creatively! Develop, design, or create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products
- Maintain an OSHA mod (EMR rating) of no higher than .95 and have complete safety program to drive the result
- Ensure company profit goals are met and exceeded through superior project delivery
- Assist leadership team with developing annual Key Performance Indicators and drive team for results
- Oversee and manage Service Department & New Construction Division, communicating with all stakeholders throughout the day and address urgent issues as needed
- Gain a basic understanding of the pricing system and the approximate cost of all products and options
- Increase sales opportunities and forward all leads to the appropriate internal employees
- Enhance/strengthen relationship with service/end user customers and general contractor base
- Assist customers in answering inquiries, including product application recommendations, and provide special details and/or information as needed
- Work with vendors/manufacturers to strengthen relationships and define unique needs
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate or bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Operations and knowledge of service/construction experience preferred
- Excellent communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the confidence to make decisions and the ability to be creative
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
- Ability to tackle problems for which there is a time constraint and no known solution
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical people
- A person who likes to meet with customers and solve their problems
- Exudes leadership and competency of their craft and can quickly earn respect
- Demonstrates empathy for customers’ circumstances and gets sense of accomplishment by helping others.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Effective and genuine communication skills both internally and externally.
- Persuasive in presenting ideas and effective in negotiation and influence.
- A strong business partner and operational leader.
- A natural coach who enjoys developing others.
- Play a key role in the growth and success of the business.
- The opportunity to develop, lead and execute the Operations function for a great company.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.